NTL - Dublin Core Metadata Guidelines
The NTL catalog is a metadata repository for information about the digital objects preserved in the digital repository and about the websites selected for inclusion. The Catalog uses a modified Dublin Core metadata schema. Current refinements are defined to support the use by the transportation community. The current NTL Catalog Metadata Guidelines are available for review and use by other transportation resource providers. This standard follows the Dublin Core Metadata Library Application Profile.
- Descriptive Guidelines (PDF - 108 KB | HTML - 32 KB)
- Quick Format Guidelines (PDF - 73 KB) | HTML - 131 KB)
- Simple Dublin Core Schema (XSD - 5KB)
- Qualified Dublin Core Schema (XSD - 2KB)
NTL / MARC Data Crosswalk
NTL has created crosswalks to interchange metadata with other libraries and information sources.
- Fixed Fields Data Mappings (PDF - 128 KB | HTML - 19KB)
- Variable Fields Data Mappings (PDF - 62 KB | HTML - 4KB)
- Quick Format NTL / MARC Data Mappings (PDF - 47 KB | HTML - 12 KB)
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
- Dublin Core Metadata Library Application Profile
Practices from the CDP Metadata Working Group
(formerly the Western States Digital Standards Group, Metadata Working Group)
- Library of Congress MARC Standards