Legal Information and Services
The headquarter library's collection contains general legal materials in addition to those specifically related to transportation law.
- Law Library Databases (USDOT headquarters employees only)
- Law Journal Library (USDOT headquarters employees only)
- DOT Orders - Location Guide
- U.S. Code (Office of the Law Revision Counsel)
- U.S. Code (Government Printing Office)
Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
- Federal Register (FR)
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
The eCFR is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
- Code of Federal Regulations (Annual Edition)
CFR volumes are added to this online service concurrent with the release of the paper editions. When revised CFR volumes are added, the prior editions will remain on GPO Access as a historical set.
- DOT Dockets
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Legislative Fact Sheets
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Audit Reports
- U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation