Legal Information and Services
The headquarter library's collection contains general legal materials in addition to those specifically related to transportation law.
- Library Law Databases (USDOT headquarters employees only)
- Law Journal Library (USDOT headquarters employees only)
- Legal Webliography
- DOT Orders - Location Guide
- U.S. Code (Office of the Law Revision Counsel)
- U.S. Code (Government Printing Office)
- Federal Register (FR)
- BTS Federal Register Archives - 1994-present
Federal Register rules relating to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a prototype of a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). The e-CFR prototype is a demonstration project. It is not an official legal edition of the CFR. For more information, see the "Importation Information for the User" link on the e-CFR homepage.
of Federal Regulations
CFR volumes are added to this online service concurrent with the release of the paper editions. When revised CFR volumes are added, the prior editions will remain on GPO Access as a historical set. Refer to the page, "Search your choice of CFR titles and/or volumes," for an up-to-date listing of titles and volumes available in current and historical editions.
- DOT Dockets
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Legislative Fact Sheets
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Audit Reports
- THOMAS Federal Legislative Information
- U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation